Friday, July 6, 2012

My San Diego Comic-Con Schedule & It's A Doozy!

My head is spinning as I write this.  I think I need to clone myself.

Thursday:

12:00-1:00pm
Once More, with Comics: How the Whedon Universes Continue in Comic Book Form 
w/Amber Benson, Scott Allie, Mariah Huehner, Clare Kramer, Tom Lenk, Katrina Hill, Jennifer K. Stuller and Traci Cohen (Room 26AB)

8:00PM
The LxL Meet Up
I'm gonna hang with all the awesome Geek Girls of Comic-Con!
(The Hyatt)

Friday:

4:20pm
A Super Secret Screening Of My New Film, Dust Up! 
I'll probably get in trouble for posting about it, but it's the Super Secret ticket to get on Friday! (If you follow @Dustupfilm and tweet them the phrase "I am Ward Robert's Bitch", they might be giving away a couple of tickets - but you didn't hear that from me!)

8:30-9:30pm
Space Command: Bold Reaches Into The Adventures Of Space*
Space Command is a series of new and original feature films by STAR TREK writer Marc Zicree, GALACTICA FX whiz Doug Drexler, director Neil Johnson and other Sci-Fi luminaries. (Room 5AB)


*I am going to try and make it to the Space Command Panel, but I'm double booked and there's an 85% chance I'm going to miss it.  Just wanted to be honest.  I will try to swing by, but it'll be a great panel with or without me!


Saturday:

1:10-1:40pm  
Screening of: Laura Keller, NB  (as part of the Comic-Con International Film Festival)
"With global population at an extreme high, federal fertility lotteries now determine who can and can't reproduce. When one woman learns that she will be permanently sterilized, her faith in the system is shaken" Presenting filmmakers: Mo Perkins (writer/director), Amber Benson (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Martin Starr (Party Down), and Eli Akira Kauffman (producer).
(All films and programs are in Marriott Hall 2, at the Marriott Marquis & Marina, next to the Hall A side of the Convention Center)

And stay for the next film, Advantageous, starring the uber-awesome, James Urbaniak!

3:00-4:00pm

21st Century Dead (SIGNING ONLY)
w/Amber Benson, Thomas E. Sniegoski, S. G. Browne, Daniel H. Wilson, John Skipp, Cody Goodfellow (Room AA9)


Sunday:

1:45-2:45pm
Foes Beyond Fur and Fangs
Vampires have staked their claim on readers, and werewolves have certainly taken a bite out of pop fiction. But these paranormal creatures aren't the only ones that run havoc in the pages of science fiction and fantasy novels. Authors discuss the villains and vixens-from witches to zombies and beyond-in their action-packed adventures.
w/(moderator: Kim Alexander) Amber Benson, Rachel Caine, Tom Sniegoski, Kiersten White, Gail Carriger, Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and Maggie Stiefvater (Room 5AB)

There will be a SIGNING AFTERWARD!

The day of the week titles above remind me the ones in The Shining.  Cue freaky music.






17 comments:

  1. I mean in reference to the show, not the comics...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun and San Diego. Remember to eat and SLEEP. Girl you are gunna run yourself into the ground...and the only person allowed to do that is me! lol I'm j/k Be safe and have fun! I will be on the east coast meeting up with medical school admissions teams! wish me luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe aka AmberAddictJuly 6, 2012 at 1:43 PM

    Doozy is the word! :o) you have no idea how much I wish I could be at San Diego! The super secret Dust Up Screening (I really want to see it) sounds great as does the rest of your programme have fun Amber :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, what a year to go to SDCC! Firefly 10-year anniversary, 20-year Buffy panel, Avengers, Amber...

    And me, as usual, flat busted.

    ...I mean broke.

    Some day before I die I *will* get to see you again, Amber. When I win the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dust Up! And I'm so so so far away... Life's such a bitch sometimes :/
    Anyway, have fun Amber :) And all of you guus who are gonna be there :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll be getting down to SDCC on tuesday afternoon. You wouldn't have a half hour free to do a quick interview for my documentary film SECRET IDENTITIES about how heroes affect LGBT peoples, would you?? The viewers would be so thrilled to see you in the film.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear God, why do I live in Australia??

    ReplyDelete
  8. This proves it, I was born in the wrong country. It all sounds amazing, especially the new movie! Have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't clone yourself...it just wouldn't be you!
    Wish I could come to San Diego... I'm looking forward to you coming to the Chicago area in August for Wizard Con! Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really busy schedule for you, hopefully it won't wear you out. Have a great time though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes I hate living in Europe, like right now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow...I just saw the Chicago Wizard Con pricing for photos and autographs...I guess I won't be getting those two copies of "How to Be Death" autographed. Maybe you'll come around to Challenger's Comic Book store in Chicago again to read, answer questions,sign things and take photos with people again. (I am so sad, one novel was going to be a part of my gift for my best friend's 50th birthday)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all for your cloning yourself. There's not nearly enough Amber goodness in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. PS: The Above Posted By Little Red Ridinghood Guy:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw, too bad I'm in Oklahoma... There are never cool conventions or anything here haha. Well, I hope you have a good time! It all sounds pretty crazy, but hopefully you'll have fun doing it :)

    ReplyDelete